7.03.2020

20 Twenty

How in the world is it 2020?!
That used to seem so futuristic... so George Jetson.  Now here we are.

It doesn't seem as George Jetson-y now.
But it does seem to be the start of a brand new decade that feels full of hope.

What feels hopeful about 2020?  Something about the cliche perfect vision clarity stereotype of it, I think. It feels more like a fresh start than other new years.

When I think back over the last year I can't help but smile.  The Lord has given us such a beautiful life, has been so faithful to entrust us with so much.  Sometimes the weight of it all is overwhelming, but that weight is quickly overshadowed by His overwhelming goodness!

In the last year our business has grown.  While often times it feels like it's too much, especially for Cole, who does the job of a dozen men on his own. We have tremendous men who work for us, and couldn't ask for more loyal and trustworthy employees.

I have gone back to school to complete my Master's Degree.  It's been interesting to be a full-time student again, this time as a grown up.  When I was in college getting my undergrad degree I remember "grown ups" in my classes who seemed so "all-business" about the learning.  I thought they seemed stuffy.  Now I get it.  They have lives going on, and they are all-business about the learning.  Because it matters and it's important.  And expensive!  I wish I could apologize to them that they had to sit in a classroom with 19 year old Jeana.  I'm thankful that I get to do my work online!
I'll be finished with my degree in May and I plan on pursuing a job in admin when the time comes. I don't know when that time will come, but the Lord will let me know.  Until then, I'm happy at home in the 7th grade, among my 90 or so little 7th grade weirdos.

Speaking of 7th grade weirdos... Javik Nolan is one!  7th grade, 12 years old, and SO pre-teen it's painful sometimes.  He's walking that hard line of wanting to be a part of things, but wanting to do right and live a life of faithfulness too.  I get it.  I remember that line.  And I dare say he's walking it far better than I ever did.
He played football this fall, and I'm so proud of the way he dove right into learning something brand new.  It was hard for him, being the one who didn't know.  That's not a role he plays very often.  ;) But he did it!  It was hard for this momma too, watching him struggle and be disappointed and stand on the sideline and have to deal with not-so-friendly teammates.  But I know those things are good for him, and I certainly don't want to "rescue" him from every hard thing he ever faces.  But I hope that I'm a safety net for him to fall into when he needs to.
He's also still playing soccer and really loves it. He's plays in a rec league and also on a competitive team, and has made great friends in his teammates.
He attends our church youth group and helps out in Kids' church each week.  He's amazing with little kids and serves with such faithfulness in our ministry.

And speaking of littles... our Zailey Belle isn't so little anymore.  She just turned 8 going on 18 and is rocking the 2nd grade.  Her last year of "elementary" before moving on to another building next year.  She continues to be a kind & caring kid, and is the mother-hen among her classmates & friends.
She's a self-declared VSCO girl, which I had to look up.  Turns out it's a Valley Girl 30 years later.  I can relate.
Even at such a young age, she's quite enamored by pop culture and I'm praying even now that Jesus would capture her little heart before this world does!
She tried basketball this winter and liked it ok, but "not as much as soccer."  And that's OK.  I've settled tight into my role as a soccer mom.

We're looking forward to this year with excited anticipation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment